Friday, March 09, 2012

Bully's special

And by special I mean "special". Not a day goes by where this dog doesn't make me laugh.

There was the time he was learning to dock dive.

Then we've got his overall attitude:


How about how high he lifts his leg to pee? That has never been a problem until the day he got his back leg caught on the limb of a tree, requiring me to save him from himself...




We had another "save him from himself" moment a few nights back. Running trails at night my dogs are usually by my side. Bullet fell behind but he catches up quickly so I wasn't concerned.

After a while I stopped. Where was Bullet? Standing quietly on the trial with Lex beside me I couldn't even hear him. Oh-oh. Something was up. Backtracking I found him lying in a ditch.

He didn't look like he was in distress, but this was atypical behaviour for him. Calling him forward, I watched as he stumbled up and lay back down immediately. The idiot had the handle of his toy wrapped around his front leg. To free himself all he had to do was open his mouth and drop the toy. Sigh. That would be too easy. Once I untangled him he took off down the trail at full speed with Lex.

Yes. Bully is a very "special" boy indeed.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I miss your posts Bullet and Lex! Keep blogging :)

Karen Thomason/Gordon Setter Crossing said...

LOL....I bet he would have eventually figured it out. You just came back too soon!

caroline said...

Wow! I found another artist that has a schnauzer, trains in schutzhund and in Canada! How was your boy when he was growing up? I train in calgary.

K9-CRAZY said...

Thanks Kelly, I plan to post more again.

Karen, I got worried! Bullet is accident prone. For all I knew he had impaled himself on a tree!

Caroline, tell me more! Which club, the Calgary club with Brian? Where did you get your GS? Write me!

caroline said...

I wrote to your gmail account.

K9-CRAZY said...

Caroline, I never got an email? tracy.k9crazy@gmail.com