Wednesday, August 03, 2011

The big plan for Lexis

Lexis will be 2 years old in September. Wow. Already.



Up until now I've been puttering around with her, not really training for anything specific since Bullet has been my focus.

Now that Bullet has his 3, it's time for that to change. It's time to get serious with Lex. But the big question is... What sport?

Agility? Rally? CKC obedience, tracking, etc? No, no and no. Not agility. Rally has never interested me. And since I let my CKC membership lapse over 5 years ago I have ZERO desire to ever have anything to do with them again. Not only do I dislike the CKC, the thought of the exercises bore me. Not that they aren't challenging in their own way, but you see, they aren't Schutzhund.

Schutzhund.

Yes. Lexis will like that.

What can I accomplish with her if I actually train regularly, with focus and organization? Hmmmm, interesting.

The truth is, I may never know the answer to that question since I don't have the ability to sustain my focus. But I can't underestimate the power of one training day at a time.

Even if we never trial that's ok with me. You see, I don't train to trial. I trial because I train.

And that is my big plan for Lexis.

4 comments:

Harry Bishop said...

or Ultimate Frisbee., :-)

Karen Thomason/Gordon Setter Crossing said...

Can't wait to see how she does. I'm betting she makes the grade for whatever you decide to teach her.

Wes said...

Great decision! Have fun.

Nicole, giant schnauzers owner said...

I agree with Harry. You can put Lexi on a frisbee training. It will help develop their agility and it's good for their health too. I think Lexi will enjoy it.