Sunday, June 05, 2011

Covenant Run to the Battle, SchH3

2011 Ontario Regional Championship & Sieger Show
Saugeen Schutzhund Club, Orangeville, Ontario
June 3-5, 2011

Judges:
Obedience & Protection – SV Judge & Körmeister Rüdiger Mai
Tracking – Cdn. Judge Frank McEniry

Helpers:
Anthony Hartelaub & Matt Bonanno

Scores:
79-75-90 pronounced

Getting Bullet's Schutzhund 3 has been one of the hardest things I've done. This trial was an experience and a half, filled with crashes, pouring blood, tears, prayers and profanities, all orchestrated by one mother of a storm.

The trial was well run, the judges, decoys and Saugeen members were amazing. Congratulations to all who entered.

One of the highlights for me was when Judge Rüdiger Mai commented, more than once, on how nice of a Schnauzer Bullet is. It's always nice to hear compliments on your dog. Bullet is something all right, I love him and doubt I'll ever be lucky enough have another one like him. We've had a lot of help along the way and I'm thankful for all my friends, training directors and decoys.

I wish I had video of his performances, especially of his protection routine. Some people did take pictures and I can't wait to see those and post them here if they let me. I will also write down what happened in each phase.

The personal pressure I've put on myself to get this title is now gone. We got it in Bullet style, lol!

The big question is "Now What?"

5 comments:

Urban canines said...

Huge Congratulations to you and Bullet!!!!!!!! That is quite an accomplishment!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Super congrats! Half sister Blixa took her SCHH3 last year and after all the work we put into it I can easyly relate to the feeling of "What Now?". It was eather championships or another trial form for me and since Blixas points wasn´t really on championship level and shes not exactly young anymore we decided to go on with the swedish form of tracking trials instead.

Brooke, Phoenix, Cessna, Aspen & Canyon said...

Way to go Bullet!

We're trying to read up on tracking to teach Canyon. He wouldn't be such a good schutsund dog though lol!

dinsdaledogs said...

Amazing work, BIG congrats!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on passing the SchH3!!! I'm like you, my goal is to 'not fail'. Love your blog as always and I look forward to reading more about Bullet in the future.

Cristi