Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The camera can't groom the dog.

Bullet is looking a little rough around the edges. I love a nicely groomed Schnauzer and try to keep him looking decent but have let him slide this winter. Those ears! They should be clean!


The winter wind flowing through Bullet's ear hair.

I prefer to groom all the dogs outside to limit the hair in my house. Usually we have a few warmer winter days that allow me to tidy up heads, feet and rears before I freeze, this winter I was working the only warm(ish) day we've had in months.

I have to admit that there is something really nice about the wash & go, run-a-brush-though-it maintenance of the Shepherd coat... until heavy shedding season hits that is. Then there is nothing better than a shaved Schnauzer!

3 comments:

Rudy - The dog with a blog said...

What wonderful pictures, he looks so happy!

Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? said...

Sadie's a mess too... ah well, what can you do! I'll have her done in the spring I guess :)

Karen Thomason/Gordon Setter Crossing said...

Hey, We all grow our hair out a little in the wintertime! Bullet looks adorable.