Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just call him Bumble.

It's hard to get an action shot of the solid black Bullet on snow. As he dive-bombs the drifts and the flakes coat his back he becomes more Bumble-like which makes the job easier. My Abominable Snowman.





Bumble rises from the elements...


...and starts to shed his winter camouflage.


I can only hope this means spring is on it's way?
Super early? Probably not.








Winter isn't too bad, but I do prefer sandals to my 10-lb Sorels (disclaimer – I don't know their actual weight) and the ability to use my hands without gloves... And the sun on my skin, I do miss the sun.

6 comments:

Karen Thomason/Gordon Setter Crossing said...

Love the pics! Looks like you all had a great time. The last one really cracked me up!!GREAT Picture. I'd frame that one.

Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? said...

I think you're becoming more poetic as you age, my friend! Like I said on FB - "Love the dog that snow is wearing" ;)

Karen Thomason/Gordon Setter Crossing said...

I just had to come back and tell you, every time I see that first pic of Bullet in the snow, on my Reader, I just think he looks like a dark smudge in your snow picture! LOL

dinsdaledogs said...

I had to smile at the title of your post...I have always called my male Cutter 'Bumble' :-)

Ruth said...

Your pictures make me smile too. Our dog used to do that in the snow but his arthritic hips have really slowed him down this winter.

K9-CRAZY said...

I love watching them run in snow when it's fresh and powdery. They enjoy it!