Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Beschützer German Shepherds

When my friend asked me to design a logo for her kennel she had a few specific requests. She wanted it modeled after a picture I took years ago of her female, Arlie. (Arlie is Lex's dam) She also wanted flames incorporated next to the kennel name.

Sketching brought me closer to a solution and I was really excited with where my pens were taking me. Usually I work-up multiple designs but this concept would be time-consuming to execute properly and I was that confident she would like it. If not, I'd go back to the drawing board and keep this drawing for myself.

Combining the flames with Arlie running gave my friend all she asked for. It captured the power and speed of the breed, mirrored the complex flame-like patterns of the GSD coat and accurately portrayed the spirit of a working dog.



My friend recently started a blog of her own, check it out: Beschützer GSD. As she is French Canadian some of her posts will be in french.

Beschützer is a German word that roughly translated means defender, guardian, heroic champion.

4 comments:

Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? said...

Gorgeous logo!! She must be thrilled with that. Wow, it's spectacular!!! I'm not surprised, of course... you do fabulous work.

Merry Christmas, my friend!

Mimi and CC Cabana said...

That is really fabulous! You did such a great job. I love the flames. It captures speed, power, and grace. I know what you mean about when you get one really great idea. It's hard to come up with anything else to show. Glad your friend liked it--she'd be crazy not to!!

Lena said...

Very nice! :-)

Wes said...

Super logo. Impressive!