Thursday, October 21, 2010

Gib Laut!

I've recently started teaching Lexus to "Gib Laut" (to bark on command). It's time for her to learn the hold and bark.



This is something I could have easily taught earlier but to be honest I didn't want to encourage more barking around my house, the Schnauzers give me enough noise. She is refreshingly quiet at home. She has no problems barking for a tug so I've never worried she would have a problem learning this exercise. This is simply the next step - self control. Striking the tug as soon as it comes within reach sure is fun, but it's not the only part of the game.

She's starting to grasp what I want, her mouth is opening and she's going through the motions of barking... without the noise! Hilarious! This won't last long and I'm afraid I may have already missed it, but I'm hoping to get a video to share.

2 comments:

Karen Thomason/Gordon Setter Crossing said...

Opening the mouth with no sound? That IS funny! I would love to see a video of you training Lex to Gib Laut. Very cool.

Robin Sallie said...

The open mouth cracks me up.