Saturday, September 11, 2010

Another diamond knocked out and lost.

My first wedding band was designed to fit like a puzzle next to my engagement ring. Living my life with a diamond sticking up on my hand wasn't really me. It caused damage by simply living on my finger. Since I couldn't just take off the engagement ring I needed another wedding band.

Enter a simple band with a row of diamonds nestled in. Perfect! Nothing protruding. Nothing that could take out an eye or smash a hole in a wall.

Even this ring hasn't been safe although the damage has been isolated to the ring itself. A few years ago I knocked out a diamond and yesterday I did it again. (I blame the dogs!) The poor ring looks like a child who has lost their first front tooth.

It may be time for something even more simplistic.

1 comment:

Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? said...

Aw :( That's a shame! Maybe a simple/plain band for when you're working? I take my rings off entirely when I work.