Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Caching - It's been a while and I've missed you!

Yesterday I managed to get out and do some caching. In the morning I took Bullet for the first two, he found both with no help from me. He found the second cache up a tree before I even saw it. It's been a while but he knew what we were after.

Lexus came with me later that night as she really needed to get out and stretch her legs. Staying within walking distance from home we went to find three new ones in the area. I plan on teaching her to find caches as well, but none of yesterday's were good teaching caches or good teaching situations.

The first was a metal nano hidden high on an overhead metal structure.

The second was a micro. By the time I reached the location it was dark. At that point I was being eaten alive by monster mosquitoes. The shadows were creepy. The spider webs were huge, thick and I didn't know where they were until my face found them. The cache was hidden was on top of an incredibly steep hill in a forest. There was the sound of screaming, snarling fighting raccoons in the not so distant distance and I became paranoid that Lexus would be attracting every urban coyote in the neighbourhood. I just wanted to get out of there! I almost gave up but eventually, somehow, managed to find it using a flashlight app on my iPod touch.

The third was a magnetic micro, hidden high up on a sign on the other side of a fence.

Hopefully my log entries are legible, I entered them while doing the mosquito smacking dance in the dark!

No comments: