Saturday, January 30, 2010

Of toenails and backup dogs


Glory


Bullet lives life at full speed. We spend a lot of time on trails and in forests where he races back and forth. This impacts his feet, and if it isn't a ripped pad it's worn nails. As of this week he's off duty until one split nail heals.

Glory will now demonstrate the sliding stops they both practice as if racing for home plate:



Since Bullet's restricted to nothing but leash walks until better, that made Glory my backup geocaching buddy today. She was shocked when her name was called at the door and Bullet howled when I left the house. Yeah, THAT made me feel awful.


Are you coming?

2 comments:

Megan said...

I think Glory liked being the back up dog today... and boy is she cute!

I hope Bullet's toenail heals up quickly.

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

Awww, poor guy. split nails suck - hope he heals quickly.