Tuesday, January 05, 2010

The Littlest Hobo Travel Bug

Continuing along the Geocaching theme I've created my first "Travel Bug" which I've called The Littlest Hobo. The Littlest Hobo was an old Canadian TV series about a German Shepherd who wandered from place to place helping people before continuing his journey. I considered sending him out attached to a Giant Schnauzer but it didn't feel right, a GSD it had to be.



A Travel Bug is a Dog Tag with a unique code. You attach it to an object and leave it in a cache. You can give it a goal (ex: travel to all continents) or leave it to chance. Other cachers will take your TB and drop it in another cache along their way and log when they have done so.

My Littlest Hobo will be passed along by other dog lovers to "dogs allowed" caches, no specific destination required.

It's page can be found on the Geocaching website by this code: TB2RZM3

I haven't placed him in a cache yet, I'm still working on letting him go...

3 comments:

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

I love this!!!

We're going to start Geocaching this year - hopefully as soon as it's not so cold ;) I drive by one every day, just up the street from our place actually. I'm dying to stop in but I never have time when I'm thinking about it...

K9-CRAZY said...

I drilled a hole in his neck for the chain, isn't he cute!? Maybe you'll see him one day, if you do be sure to pick him up and move him along :)

Treknschmidt said...

Awesome !!! Its tough to let them go but fun to watch them travel :)