Friday, October 16, 2009

Seven Groups

IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE A DOG FROM EACH CKC/AKC "GROUP", WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE AND WHY?
(excluding your own breeds)

Group 1 - Sporting
Group 2 - Hound
Group 3 - Working
Group 4 - Terrier
Group 5 - Toy
Group 6 - Non Sporting
Group 7 - Herding


Group 1 - Sporting
German Wirehaired Pointer (Deutsche Drahthaar). Chances are I'd never get one simply because I'd want to hunt with it and there is only so much time and money in this life.

Group 2 - Hound
Saluki. This is one beautiful breed that I admire from afar but that doesn't fit my lifestyle.

Group 3 - Working
Rottweiler. Love them.

Group 4 - Terrier
Border Terrier. After spending a year working part time (for fun) at the Lion's Foundation Dog Guide kennel I got to know quite a few of these little characters. One downfall was their piercing yips, but that was amplified by numbers and kennel walls. Earplugs were necessary. I'm sure they can't be that bad on their own in a home.

Group 5 - Toy
This one is hard as I'm not a fan of any of the breeds, but if I had to choose one: Miniature Pinscher.

Group 6 - Non Sporting
Another hard group to chose from as nothing stood out, but I've met a few Schipperkes and they seem to be little funny clowns.

Group 7 - Herding
Belgian Malinois. High probability that I'll end up with one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Mal would fit in super nice with your crew. :o)

Schipperke's are great little dogs- they were on my short list before corgis. :o)

amanda at manymuddypaws

Gregg Barrow said...

I tried to answer this, but I couldn't think of a breed in each group that I'd have....

I'd like to have a belgian laekenois some day or the German Deutsche Drahthaar (not the AKC GWP). I'm also really taken with the Jagdterrier. Maybe a brindle dutch shepherd is in my future. And a Giant of course.

Soo

aussiedawgies said...

What?? Not an Australian Shepherd Tracy??? LOL

RED DOG said...

Sporting-German Wire Hair Pointer. Very cool looking dog and loves outdoors. Would get one from a hunting kennel. Also have to say a hunting kennel Springer Spaniel.
Hound-Bassett...too cute
Working-Dobe...bad ass
Terrier-tri-coloured Bull Terrier...great personality
Toy-there's a toy group?
Non sporting-no brainer, English Bulldog!
Herding-Aussie Cattle Dog...also loves being outside!