Monday, July 28, 2008

The world's largest dog door

Every year my dogs tear my screen door. Every single year I have to replace it, sometimes multiple times.

This year I was careful. When the window was open I placed a children's gate across the opening. It was working beautifully until the one day I forgot and both Schnauzers ran through it on turbo drive.

So I've left it "as is" and sealed the edges for a cleaner look. Truthfully I really love it. When I'm home I get a nice breeze, it still keeps the bugs out and the dogs can come and go as they please. They love it too. If I ever want to go back to a screen door I might consider buying a real dog door, but for now this works just fine!

"What?!"

2 comments:

Christine said...

We did the exact same thing with Jasper. We just tidied up the rip and kept it as a dog door. Worked great.

KathleenG said...

Adorable!