Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Bullet's "THE DOG"

Bullet takes his job seriously and he's proud of the work he does.
Look at him standing nice and tall.



One thing we practice is calmness when being hitched up and unhitched to the cart. He is to stand still until released. To stop anticipatory behaviors I always mix up what we do next. Sometimes I'll have him do a stand-stay for a while, maybe re-hook him to the cart or practice our obedience. Other times I'll release him to play... or pee!

He is most enthusiastic about carting and his head becomes downright inflated. When I release him to pee he uses the opportunity to let the entire neighborhood of canines know that he's "THE DOG" and he was there. The saucy wiggle at the end makes me laugh, have I mentioned lately that I love my dog?




Cart prototype #3 is well underway but still has a long way to go. My plan was to do a relief carving around the whole box but I may settle for clean joints. So far I've done everything 100% by hand and am excited that it's working, since I'm making it up as I go! At this point it doesn't look much different from the one I'm using, but it will. Structurally the box is much better and the balance will be adjusted. My goal for this cart is strength and beauty, my goal for cart prototype #4 will be to keep the weight down.

2 comments:

Katrin said...

Hi Tracy, at some point can I pick your brain about carting and carts? I want to try teaching Niche my 4yr old flat coat and eventually Obi.

Thanks!

K9-CRAZY said...

Absolutely :) I love talking Carting!