Friday, February 23, 2007

Little Miss Priss

As often as I've complained about Kwik... Yes it's true, I have complained about little miss priss.

She’s a very busy puppy, spastic really. The energy isn’t easily channeled which I find frustrating. It doesn’t help that she’s not very toy driven and that she could care less about food. I'm working on creating a motivating toy and she's getting excited about it, and I've found that she prefers bread over meat, go figure.

She also objects very noisily to being left by herself. This includes being crated, going outside by herself to pee and us leaving the room for a second. Thankfully this is passing after only TWO months!

Her newest thing is nearly as irritating though. While she house-trained very quickly, she’s now dribbling pee when she’s excited, and it doesn’t take much to get her excited. I know this will pass, but it's hard not to transfer my frustration through to her when she does this.

Her pros?

She’s very cute, athletic and happy all the time. Her tails always going like a metronome.

Will she pass and become a working girl?

If I were a betting woman I’d say no! I’ll do my best, but I’m doubtful. Maybe she’ll surprise me as she matures.

So where was I? Oh yes. As often as I’ve complained about Kwik, Kevin thinks that she might become our favorite. I don’t know if I’d go that far, but I will say she’ll always be remembered, that’s for sure.

2 comments:

*Amy&Polaris* said...

You never know, she could surprise you. I feel extremely lucky that Cliff (one of Secret's puppies) is a very calm and easy puppy. He is food and toy motivated and although he can be easily distracted he is generally very good while out working. I think that having Polaris around, as well as many many outings with other labs has helped too. He's practically a labradoodle.

Hobbes Dogs said...

I would have said many of the same things about Calvin, so you never know.
My friends tease me to no end that my first dog to graduate may be a poodle. I would not have believed it, but if that's how it happens I will be incredibly happy.