Saturday, August 19, 2006

Working clubs/breed clubs

As a member of The Working Riesenschnauzer Federation I was asked to donate something for the auction at Schnauzerfest. But here's the thing... I'm not a member anymore. I let my membership expire this year because I'm having a hard time understanding the point. Even though I have a schnauzer I did not see even one benefit of being a member. (This is not just about the WRF, they just happen to be top of mind) I'm not interested in the politics, cliques or whisperings, there's enough of that in everyday life without adding some more voluntarily. Sometimes you have to regroup and prioritize things in life, therefore I plan on sending in my donation but that will be it.

I've decided to focus my time, energy & money on local clubs & groups... Places where I train my dogs and develop in-the-flesh friendships. As a result, even though I was toying with the idea of going to Schnauzerfest this year in Illinois, I've decided not to. There are some people I'd like to meet but it will have to wait for another time. If anyone is coming through Ontario send me an email and we'll hook up!

Can you guess who I used as my model for this drawing?

5 comments:

Christine said...

Tracy, when I see your drawings of Giants, I am always amazed when I look at their eyes. You truly capture their soul. I sometimes stare at the picture you drew of Mya with amazement. I think that is the most beautiful gift I ever received.

Covenant Giants said...

That is THE whip, nobody else makes them like that :)

BEAUTIFUL ART WORK!!!!!!

You drew a picture of Mya??
How come we haven't seen it Christine??

Gregg

PS wwhjntvg is my "word verification" what the heck is that all about? Is this blogdotcoms sick and perverse way of making fun of old guys like me? Guys that have to squint to understand this stuff?
I'm I getting off topic here?
:P

Covenant Giants said...

VERY FUNNY!!!!

NOW MY "WORD VERIFICATION" HAS A LITTLE HANDICAP WHEEL CHAIR NEXT TO IT, WITH AN EXPLANATION FOR THE SEEING IMPAIRED!!
WHO'S THE WISE GUY THAT ACTIVATED THAT!!

Why am I yelling???
Gregg

Christine said...

Gregg, you didn't see the picture of Mya because you didn't come to my house! I will try to send you a copy of it. It's beautiful!!!

Christine

Jen and Aamer said...

Tracy, you drew that?

It's INCREDIBLE!

-Aamer