Thursday, February 02, 2006

Bullet's first obedience class

Bullet and I had our first class last night, we are taking "Basic One Obedience" at the local kennel club.

This is the longest I've ever gone without taking one of my own dogs to a class, Bullet is nearly 8 months old already. Waiting so long wasn't something I planned, but I'm happy it turned out that way. It gave me time to focus on Bullet without a timeline or pressure. We've been working at our own pace, doing things our own way, and it's been a lot of fun.

The instructors are Belgian people and do a fabulous job of communicating to non-dog people in an easy to understand and down to earth way. I enjoy watching them teach.

We are there for the socialization and to work on focus and obedience with the distractions that you can only find at an obedience lesson. It was everything I hoped for - total and utter chaos. :)

No comments: